Air conditioning is a necessity, when it comes to staying comfortable in summers. Now that you have made up your mind to buy an air conditioner, you must be wondering what your choices are. Here, we will give you information about the different types of air conditioning units, so that you can make an informed decision and don’t regret it later. Now there are multiple ergonomic designs that are available for indoor and outdoor units and for window and split system air conditioning. Now there are many online stores from where you can compare the features of different air conditioners and buy them after comparing the price.
- Central Air Conditioner: This kind of air conditioning system is often used in large buildings, such as offices, factories, hotels, malls etc. Sometimes, home owners who want to keep their entire house cool also choose this kind of cooling system.
- Split Air Conditioner: This kind of unit comprises of two parts: the outdoor unit that has the compressor, and the indoor unit that has the cooling fan and evaporator coil. The indoor unit is installed in the room which needs to be cooled.
- Window Air Conditioner: This is a common type of air conditioner that can effectively cool a room. All the components are enclosed in a single unit, and it is often installed on a window. So, if you choose this kind of air conditioning unit, be ready to compromise a window.
- Packaged Air Conditioner: If you wish to cool down several rooms with a single outdoor unit, then this type of air conditioner is the ideal choice for you. In this kind of unit, the condenser and the compressor are enclosed in a box and placed outside.
- Portable Air Conditioner: This kind of air conditioning unit is placed inside the room. It takes air from the room itself, cools it down and then blows it back into the room. There is an exhaust hose installed on a window from where the unit throws out any warm air.
- Geothermal Air Conditioner: This kind of air conditioner runs on geothermal power. It is energy efficient, durable and easy to maintain. The installers install a geothermal coil deep inside the ground, from where the air conditioning unit draws temperature and heats or cools the house. The geothermal components of the air conditioner do not create any pollutant effect on the atmosphere and as the name suggests, there is also a solar channel that can be attached to it for better working.
Choosing The Right Type Of Air Conditioner
Now that you know the different types of air conditioners available in the market, here are a few things to consider while choosing one:
Size: The type of air conditioner you choose largely depends on the size of space you want to cool with it. A single unit with small capacity can be enough for cooling a single room but may not suffice for a large living room or a hall.
Energy Efficiency: An air conditioner with big capacity would be energy consuming, and you should go for it only if you need it.
Cost: The cost of the also plays an important role in your selection. Go for a unit that delivers best cooling, with energy efficiency, at most reasonable price. Depending on the nature of the cooling units, on the fins, filter quality and on the energy rating of the air conditioning system, the prices can vary. You can decide accordingly to get one for your home.
Once you know the different types of air conditioning units available out there, compare the different options and choose the one that best suits your requirements, preferences and budget.