Carpet mats are simply used to renew the floors of your interiors to give it a new and fresh look, but there are certain things that one should consider before buying a carpet for the room, like its size and theme that the person or inhabitants wants to create, etc.
- Room – Different carpets are suitable for different types of areas. Kitchens and hallways have more foot fall than living room and bedroom; therefore, it is better to choose a durable and easy to clean carpet for these areas.
- Size – Before buying carpet mats, it is very essential to have the correct measurement of the area where the carpet has to be installed. It is better to get a bigger size carpet so that it covers most of the vacant area and touches the furniture of the room.
- Shape – A regular rectangular shaped carpet is very common. Now-a-days there are different shaped carpets available in the market from which people can choose according to their choice. If there is a circular dining table, then a round shaped carpet will best suit the place.
- Style, pattern, and colour – Carpet can add a pop of colour to any room. A patterned carpet can add brightness and vibrant effect to a dull looking room.
- Carpet material – Different types of materials are suitable for different areas of the home such as:
- Acrylic – These materials are durable and easy to clean.
- Polypropylene – This is a synthetic material, which is easy to clean and hard wearing and is best for high traffic spaces.
- Viscose – This type of material is less durable so they can’t be used in high traffic areas.
- Cotton – This type of fibre is less durable compared to jute, sisal, or polypropylene.
- Wool –It is very soft, durable, easy to clean, and heat resistant.
- Jute –It is a natural material that is extremely hardwearing and appropriate for high traffic spaces.
- Sisal – This type of fibre is very durable compared to jute and is the best for high traffic areas.
Different Types of Carpets Available In the Market
There are different types of materials of carpet mats and styles available in the market for home flooring. A variety of carpet patterns, styles, and colours are available to match any home décor. There are four basic types of carpet materials.
- Nylon – This is the most hardwearing and stain resistant carpet material available in the market. This type of carpet materials is mostly preferred by homes with children and pets. They are perfect for stairs and hallways with heavy traffic.
- Polyester – This type of material is preferred for its deluxe look, feel, and amazing selection of styles and colours. They are good for homes that have normal traffic.
- Olefin – They are very good in moisture and stain resistance. They are preferred for their high, very dense cut piles, or loop pile construction.
- Wool – This material is preferred for its natural beauty and natural soil resistance quality. It remains beautiful for a long period.
Benefits of Carpet Flooring
As one of the most common flooring alternatives carpet mats comes with a lot of benefits in making your home more comfortable and cosy.
- Warmth – Carpet mats comes with insulating properties as they provide extra warmth underfoot in the colder seasons than any other types of flooring.
- Comfort – It provides a comfort and cosy place to play, work, and sit, which is an advantage compared to any other hardwood materials.
- Safety – It reduces falls and slips, thus makes it a great choice for homes with small children.
- Colour and style – There are thousands of carpet colours and styles available in the market from which you can choose the best just as you needed.
- Noise – Carpet mats cushioned area absorbs sound and is less noisy to walk on compared to any hard surface area.
These are some of the advantages of carpets depending on your lifestyle and taste so that you can choose one for your home.