Decoding the mantra of designing a small kitchen is quite tricky! But, it is not at all impossible. All you need to do is incorporate some smart ideas and take cues from several lifestyle blogs. Make it as functional as possible and try to invest in multifunctional appliances. And yes, let me tell you that there are multiple possibilities just like a big kitchen. So, start planning now!
And to make your journey easier, here are a few shortlisted suggestions, which are stated by various interior decorators. Keep reading.
#1. Avoid Glaring Errors: Well the first tip for you all is to avoid committing the mistake of lighting the entire room with one ceiling-mounted fixture. It will only make the kitchen look like a glare bomb! And will overpower all the other detailing in the space. When it comes to lighting up a tiny kitchen, plan for a layered look. Blend three or four types of lights for creating the best effect. It can include the following:
- Task Lighting
- Accent Lighting
- Ambient Lighting
- Decorative Lighting
Trust me, light plays a huge role in a small kitchen. It can actually draw your attention from the square foot of the space to the tiny and beautiful detailing of the décor.
#2. Cabinets: Secondly, plan for getting a beautiful cabinet from a reputed kitchen cabinet wholesaler. A cabinet can make your space look less clumsy and spacious. But yes, make sure that the measurements are perfect, so that you don’t end up ordering a huge kitchen cabinet that would take up all the space. There are many cabinet wholesalers who can even provide you with a digital design so that you can get an idea about how exactly your kitchen would look once the installation is done.
#3. Additional Tips:
- Invest in light colored cabinets such as toffee or white shaker cabinets.
- If possible, get the cabinets customized with glass doors. The reflection would make your kitchen look bigger than it actually is.
- Perk up the cabinets with fairy lights under the cabinets.
- Ask the company to use the corners as well. Corner drawers can be great for storing tiny tools and other necessities. Overall, do not waste any space.
#4. Do Away with the Double Sink – While most homeowners insist on getting a double sink, I really doubt how many of them use it! Rethink about it and if possible, do away with it.
#5. Clever Island Child – Fourthly, choose an island that can hold kitchenware or have built-in appliances. Tuck in those mini appliances inside the cabinets so that you get ample amount of space for dining. Go through a few lifestyle magazines to get more ideas related to these.
- Play with patterned wallpapers so that you can create the illusion of a spacious kitchen. Opt for bright colors or geometric shapes so that it is created right!
- Pots and pans hanging above your sink can help you save a lot of space.
- When it comes to the walls, do not commit the mistake of choosing dark hues. Light colors will save you if you happen to own a tiny kitchen.
- Try to keep a magazine holder beside your refrigerator, where you can stuff in little things.
- Shelves also have a role to play here. So, get them if possible.
Lastly, I would like to say that you have to pay attention to each and every element. Negligible things such as a drawer knob or hinge can also have a major role to play. Hence, plan carefully! Hopefully, this blog was helpful for you all.
And to know more about kitchen cabinets, keep following my blogs.