For those who aspire to install a durable, attractive and sturdy door to lead between the outdoors and indoors, aluminum sliding doors are an exceptional option to consider. Known to be the ultimate go-to choice for architectures, these doors go well with almost any style of house, ranging from colonial to modern architecture. While they are definitely the best pick to watch out for, yet many homeowners often have several questions in their mind when it comes to installation of these sliding doors in their house.
If you are struggling with the same situation, then worry no more, as this article reveals everything that you need to know about these incredible doors, so that you are able to take an informed decision.
What Are Aluminum Sliding Doors?
Just as the name suggests, aluminum sliding doors are cost-effective and easy to install doors that are equipped with glass panels mounted onto an aluminum frame. These doors usually operate on rollers for optimal durability and stability. In addition to this, the doors are 100% weather sealed, which means your house remains cool during summers and warm in winters. They come in various color options as well, and this color is typically powder coated onto the frame for enhancing its durability.
What Are The Advantages of Installing These Doors?
There are innumerable advantages of installing aluminum sliding doors in your house, and some of them are mentioned below:
1. Durability: As mentioned earlier, the durability of aluminum as a material is quite impressive. Aluminum features strong resistance against drastic weather conditions and does not corrode easily. This means, if you install sliding doors made from aluminum, then you will never have to worry about its upkeep or maintenance for a long period of time. This is something that adds to the ROI that you get from them.
2. High Thermal Performance: The thermal performance of aluminum is relatively higher compared to other options available in the market. This typically leads to two important things
- Efficiency of the house is improved, as ill-fitted doors or windows often drag away maximum amount of heat and force the HVAC system to work continuously for maintaining a pleasant environment.
- Better efficiency due to their all-round insulating capacity will decrease your monthly utility bills. They not only reduce your carbon footprint, but save on your utility expenses too.
3. Bushfire Rated Aluminum Doors: Another amazing aspect about these sliding doors is that they come with a high bushfire rating. This essentially means that if your house witnesses a bushfire attack, then it will not damage the doors. Most of these doors have a bushfire attack level rating (BAL) designed to meet the different needs of homeowners. For example, if you house is located in an area that is prone to brushfire attack, then you must choose doors with higher level rating.
4. Sustainable Option: The last and perhaps the most important advantage of aluminum sliding doors is that they are 100% reusable and recyclable. In fact, aluminum is often stated to be the eco-friendliest material on the planet compared to other options. Hence, when you want to replace the frame, then it would be effortlessly recycled to other aluminum objects.
Your house is a precious possession, and every part of it matters. So, why neglect the doors? When it’s about the best, one can never overlook attractive, eco-friendly, and durable aluminum sliding doors. As, doors reflect the beauty of the house within and to make them more attractive, aluminum is certainly the right option.